Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's an uncle

After 8.5 months of uncertainty, last Thursday, I became an uncle (as opposed to an aunt).  James Oliver Troisi was born on March 8.  He is all of 6 lbs, 13 ounces and 19 inches.  Anne is back home after spending the weekend in the hospital and Mom is soon headed up to Hotlanta at the end of the week.

Oliver (as he will be known) was born on International Women's Day. I can only hope that he is able to parlay this into lots of dates as a college student -  I envision him throwing parties for himself and saying "hey, its international women's day, want to celebrate my birthday".... maybe its a good thing that Anne doesn't read this blog... 

Speaking of college, the day after his birth had the Gators facing UGA in the SEC tournament - the 4th time his parents' alma maters have faced each other since Anne got pregnant. The good guys are 4-0 - hope this trend continues through Ultimate season.


4 comments:

Matt said...

Congratulations to the Murray fam and the Gators.

Anonymous said...

A big high-5 to the Murray Clan and the yearly celebration of International Women's Day.
-j

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Murray clan. I can only hope young Oliver one day returns to his familial roots for a reenactment of Bradenton weekend at Grandma's house. Unfortunately, P. Kim will be much too old by then for him to make out with. I wish him well and one more thing...sniggle, sniggle, wiggle, giggle!! Chao.

Anonymous said...

I did read this - its too soon for me to worry about what Oliver will be doing in college