Monday, July 10, 2006

Day 12: Bar Harbor on Independence Day

After my harrowing trip into Maine and short nap at a rest stop just
south of Bangor, I completed my drive to Bar Harbor at about 6:30 on
July 4th. Not wanting to be that guest who wakes his hosts, I set
out to explore town, since the sun was already high in the sky. I
discovered the Bar Harbor Shore Path and its lovely views of
Frenchman's Bay.
Bar Harbor has lovely views, but I didn't spot the public restrooms,
so I did end up waking Matt and Sara around 7:30. After breakfast,
Sara took me into Acadia and we did a morning hike up Gorham Mtn for
more fantastic views.
We returned to town to find that the 4th of July parade goes down
their street, so we detoured to the town festival to bet on some
lobster races - the photo here doesn't do justice, i'll show you the video
All the excitement must have tuckered me out as I crashed in the
afternoon, but recovered for dinner and a very foggy fireworks display.

No comments: